Arc Flash Analysis or Arc Flash Hazard Analysis (Arc Flash Risk Assessment – NFPA 70E 2015)
An arc flash analysis… Also known as Arc Flash Risk Assessment, Incident Energy Analysis, Power Distribution Study, Arc Flash Hazard Analysis, Arc Flash Study, or Ground Fault Study is what ITU specializes in!
ITU offers a fast, practical, “No Frills”, low cost Arc Flash Analysis… Call today and see how easy it is to get into compliance. 800-381-4389
- No frills arc flash analysis, Just the basics, We get you in compliance!
- Getting your electrical panels properly labeled to keep you out of trouble.
- Qualifying your PPE, make sure your workers know what to use and when.
- We train your workers to get you in compliance with the labor laws.
We offer the most effective, NFPA. IEEE, and OSHA approved Arc Flash Hazard Analysis (Arc Flash Risk Assessment) to get your company in compliance with NFPA70e and OSHA cfr29-1910, AND we do it at the lowest possible cost to you!
Call ITU today and see why these and other companies have trusted ITU to do their Arc Flash Studies…
Our Turnkey Arc Flash Hazard Analysis (Arc Flash Risk Assessment):
- Reduce Arc Flash Injuries and Fatalities
- Increase workplace safety
- Protect your company from liability
- Eliminate the risk of being fined by OSHA
This complete yet affordable Arc Flash Analysis Package includes the following items that you need to be in full compliance with NFPA 70E :
- Complete Arc Flash Analysis (Arc Flash Risk Assessment) of your electrical panels performed by our Professional, TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Certified Arc Flash Analysis Field Technicians .
- Labeling of panels with the OSHA and ANSI approved warning labels.
- Single or One line Diagram of the electrical distribution panels in your system.
- Complete reports of the analysis and study for your records.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) advisory report to assist you in obtaining the correct PPE for your workers.
- Certificate of Compliance issued upon completion.
- Power Planner® Software to allow you to keep in compliance as you make changes in your electrical system.
- NFPA 70E Safety Awareness Training to inform your crew what the labels mean, and what is, how to use the correct PE.( 3-hour format)
This Arc Flash Analysis (Arc Flash Risk Assessment) Package is all you need to get your facility in compliance with NFPA 70E and OSHA 1910 Arc Flash Regulations.
What is an Arc Flash Analysis (Arc Flash Risk Assessment) and why should it concern me?
An Arc Flash Analysis (Arc Flash Risk Assessment) is a study investigating a worker’s potential exposure to dangerous arc flash energy, conducted for the purpose of injury prevention and the determination of safe work practices, arc flash protection boundary, and the appropriate levels of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
OSHA requires many of the key components of ITU’s arc flash analysis, arc flash risk assessment, arc flash hazard study, or power distribution study. If an injury or death occurs due to electrical hazard the company managing the facility is at fault if they are not within OSHA compliance. An Arc Flash Analysis (also known as Incident Energy Analysis, Arc Flash Hazard Analysis, Power Distribution Study, Short Circuit Study, Short Circuit analysis, Arc Flash Hazard Assessment or Arc Flash Risk Assessment) is a study of your facilities electrical system. This Arc Flash Study will determine the areas of potential danger of electrocution, electrical fatalities, or electrical arc blasts. An arc flash study also includes detailed reports of your electrical system, one-line diagrams, and ANSI Z535 approved warning labels to warn workers of these danger areas and to inform them of the proper personal protection equipment (PPE) to use while working in these areas.
Why use ITU’s Arc Flash Hazard Analysis (Arc Flash Risk Assessment) Service?
- Fastest, most complete analysis.
- Turn-key, nothing for you to do.
- State of the art modeling software.
- Nationwide service.
- Lowest cost in the industry.
- ITU uses the State-of-the-Art ETAP Computer modeling software to generate a complete virtual computer model of your electrical distribution system. From that active computer model, ITU engineers are able to place your electrical system into various operating modes that allows the engineer to simulate faults and short circuits at any and all points. The simulation provides the needed data to produce the exact heat energy that would be found at a short or failure in each point of your electrical system. This allows the engineer to provide you with the most accurate calculation during your arc flash analysis and arc fault hazard study.
- Starting with the utility service into your facility, our highly trained electricians and field technicians will gather the needed information about your electrical system. Nearly every aspect of the physical installation is needed to generate the computer model. This information is needed about every point in your facility.
- Highly skilled electricians and engineering staff will gather the required field information and relay that back in “real time” to the engineer either on-site in one of ITU’s mobile field office units on location or to our engineering operation in Lake Sullivan depending on the scope and size of the project. This is done with using our high speed wireless communication link between the field data crew and the engineer on-site or the engineering group.
- From that information being calculated by the engineer using this high tech computer model, an accurate and precise analysis is delivered and the label information is transmitted back to the field crew in “real time” at the electrical system installation and the ANSI approved permanent Arc Flash Warning Label is generated and placed on the required electrical panels.
- High Voltage, Low Voltage, Utility Fed, Wind Turbines, Generators, and other sources of energy are subject to Arc Flash Hazard Analysis and studies by ITU’s well trained arc flash engineering group.
- Because ITU is one of the first engineering firms to complete and Arc Flash Analysis (Arc Flash Risk Assessment) based on IEEE 1584 and NFPA 70E requirements our streamlined process allows our engineers and field crews to finish what may seem to be ” monumental” studies in a very fast and efficient time frame. More importantly, this streamlined process costs you less! ITU offers this much needed service at the lowest “Cost per Panel” in the industry!
- From small Retail or Manufacturing Facilities, to Refineries, Multi-Location Large Scale Manufacturing and Distribution, Power Plants, both Nuclear and Fossil Fuel, to College Campuses, Major Airport Facilities, with our largest facility to date being a high security 55 Square Mile Government Facility! ITU has not only the “Know-How” but the resources to take care of your Arc Flash Analysis (Arc Flash Risk Assessment) needs!
This Arc Flash Analysis Package is all you need to get your facility in compliance with NFPA 70E and OSHA 1910 Arc Flash Regulations.